Thursday 21 May 2020

Birds

After enjoying painting the hare I decided to paint a grey wagtail from a photo I took in Norfolk when we were cruising.  My first painting was a straighforward depiction of the little bird which was standing on an underwater rock.  



My second painting was very different and was a bit of an experiment with the shades of grey which I don't use very often.  The greys were all a mix of burnt sienna and ultramarine.  



My other birds are photos starting with a heron standing on the reservoir bank when we were out last week.  



A little reed bunting that I took yesterday while we were out on the canal.  



A chaffinch on the path during our morning walk, the girls were very restrained in keeping their distance while I took the photo!




No comments:

Post a Comment